Mobile Engineer - Android
Our client builds connected products in areas like IoT, AR/VR, web and mobile. As a Senior Software Engineers you will build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, and other custom hardware.
As a member of the team, you'll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. You’ll be part of a team that fosters mentorship, encourages continuous learning and development, and shares a passion for writing effective code to build software-powered products.
They are on a mission to build better products. They partner with a variety of clients to deliver impactful software-powered experiences to their users. They are one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers and one of LinkedIn’s Top Startups.
- Create robust, well-tested code to implement impactful software features
- Provide technical leadership by defining technical solution architecture, ensuring code is written to standards, and has sufficient test coverage
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers, from both us and our clients’ teams to deliver large software products
- Define, promote, and enforce engineering best practices on your project team, to clients, and across our team
- Help improve our engineering capabilities by mentoring engineers through project work or other initiatives
- Contribute to success of Engineering Guild and us through other activities and initiatives; for example, training, recruiting, and business development
- Demonstrated expertise in native Android software development
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java
- Strong coding skills with a proven ability to write clean, effective, well-tested code and a knowledge of design patterns and system architecture
- Experience analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems
- Demonstrated technical initiative with experience leading project teams and mentoring engineers
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across disciplines and work closely with clients, even in a remote setting
- Experience building software for custom hardware devices running Android
- Working knowledge of MVVM or MVP architecture in Android
- Knowledge of Android Studio performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with RxJava or Kotlin Coroutines
- Passion for building products that positively impact users
- Enthusiasm for Agile methodologies, Pair Programming, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working directly with clients
- Curious and inquisitive nature to uncover details and drive towards effective solutions