Senior Backend Engineer
Our client is disrupting the financial industry. Over the next 12 months, they are going to rapidly grow their API customer base and enable even more businesses to easily integrate and benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet. If you're data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, this an a great fit for you.
- As a Software Engineer on the Platform Services team, you will build and own scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
- You'll work on: Challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption.
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to design, develop, test and ship phenomenal features Building publicly accessible APIs that make it simple for developers to integrate with complex payment systems.
- Integrating Platform Services with leading banks & financial technologies to allow an ever greater number of customers access to fast, secure & low cost payment channels.
- Writing the infrastructure to deliver great payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems and APIs
- Extending in-house blockchain systems infrastructure to support the tokenization of the world.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (including internships) in object oriented languages like Java and Go.
- Experience with payment systems like credit cards and bank transfers
- A broad understanding of API design and REST principles Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Experience with SQL databases and designing schemas
- Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software
- A focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision