What will you do as an Engineering Lead?
From day one, you will be working in one of our cross-functional squads; and collaborating along with the rest of the team to deliver on new features and exciting initiatives.
As an Engineering Lead, you will own the technical success of your squad and equip them with the best technical development and engineering practices through mentorship and helping them take on challenges.
In your first 30 days, you will focus on learning:
- Participate in our immersive onboarding program to learn about all aspects of the business while meeting with cross-functional collaborators
- Work with your manager to build out tailored goals and an education plan in place to set you in the right direction for the upcoming quarter
- Deep dive into our architecture and gain familiarity with the multiple lanes in the business domain
In your first 60 days, you will focus on collaborating:
- Contribute to the Engineering team's culture, processes, and best practices
- Work closely with Engineering leadership, and product engineering leads to identify areas of opportunity to improve the platform and internal processes
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to hire and build your platform team
In your first 90 days, you will take initiative:
- Start assuming more autonomy and finding small ways to practice ownership across the platform
- Work closely with your Manager to explore goals for the rest of the year
- Deep dive on other parts of the application outside of the squad's main responsibilities
- Plan your first platform project to improve internal process and improve teams delivery speed and reliability
What are we looking for in an Engineering Lead?
- +4 years of experience working with React and/or React Native engineer
- A passion for building engaging user experiences
- Strong expertise with database technologies
- Mobile development experience
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- A desire to help our team continuously improve