Who are we?
We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to global markets
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work on developing large-scale big-data machine learning & solution automation toolkits and libraries. In this role, you will work with a talented engineering and data science team to develop a state-of-the-art data science automation framework that will enable hundreds of solutions and users, while also having the opportunity to research the latest machine learning techniques in industry and academia and then bring into our data scientist community.
What does this include?
- Design, build, evaluate, and defend machine learning models to detect various types of fraud, with a focus on protecting our members
- Collaborate with business partners to deploy models and create and deploy strategies utilizing model results
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and measure model and strategy impact
- Perform full cycle model design and development which includes, but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
- Lead development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, operational performance, or other business outcomes
- Link Analysis/Graph analytics to find and mitigate deeply-connected fraud networks and detect new accounts being added to these networks
- Unsupervised learning methods to augment existing supervised models, or detect portfolio anomalies
- 5+ years’ work experience overall and 2+ years’ work experience as a Senior Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of various advanced analytical and machine learning methods
- Excellent understanding of machine learning frameworks (Keras/Tensorflow/PyTorch etc.) and libraries (sci-kit-learn, etc.)
- Passionate to learn the state-of-the-art machine learning framework and algorithms in academia and industry.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Familiar with object-oriented design methodology and application development in Python
- Familiar with Big Data related technologies to manage large volumes of complex data (SQL, pyspark)
- Challenge the norm and be a creative thinker
- Willing to work hard and have fun
- Ability to work in a team and be highly collaborative
- Working experience in fraud risk is plus
- Knowledge of Scala language is a plus
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Able to handle high-pressure situations and is ready to roll up your sleeves and get the job done