Looking for a talented and experienced Staff Software Engineer/Architect to take point on managing a team of engineers. We look for leaders who are still extremely technical, and can develop excellence in: service design discussions, software architecture, cross-team contract conversations, and potentially pair coding sessions with junior members of the team.
You will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and operating production quality services that are foundational to the success of the company. You will be empowered to invent and innovate, and be given clear end-to-end ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Having the chance to be involved in the early stages of a company dedicated to re-inventing an experience with universal reach is rare. The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the burndown charts or limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Convert complex business requirements into simplified, scalable software architectures.
- Actively reviewing front-end and back-end code and keeping the quality of code high.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Greenfield development - collaborate with other talented people to build something great from the ground up
- Comfortable with running technical interviews and deeply engaged with keeping the talent bar high
- Pillars of development: Security, Scalability, Operational Excellence, Cost Effectiveness
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- 3+ year of experience of architecting large scale business solutions
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and quality engineering principles
- Experience working with cloud-based deployments
- Familiar with current infrastructure, database and web development trends and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passionate about and engaged in the user experience and business outcomes
- Relentless about bringing maximum efficiency and stability to a code base and application
- Experience with the Secure Development Lifecycle