About You and this Role
Global Services team is looking for a Lead Consultant who enjoy working in small teams on client sites to deliver challenging, multi-faceted projects. We’re looking for the kind of person who can not only create beautiful and scalable code, but also navigate a team through the ever-changing waters of consulting projects. If that sounds like you, apply today!
- Architect and lead projects to their successful deliveries.
- Ensure solution architecture works, can scale, and performs.
- Drive projects day-to-day from a technical standpoint.
- Oversee & approve the design of component solution architecture.
- Manage client relationships from a technical standpoint.
- Estimate level of effort for custom development.
- Provide technical feedback to core product.
- Provide feedback to improve processes.
- Consult clients on best practices regarding web application development and web system architecture.
- Identify project gaps and able step into them to drive team success.
- Lead client-facing demos for projects.
- Oversee the configuration and management of our product, app servers, web servers, and JVMs, to best meet the needs of clients.
- Recommend the best solution to client using our product.
- Author best practice guides and white papers.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of our Java-based technologies.
- Work with Engagement Managers, Practice Leads, and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently.
- Design and deliver solution and system architecture for projects consistently and successfully.
- Lead strategy & roadmap sessions with clients.
- Excellent programming and analytical skills.
- Solid foundation in Java and JEE.
- 4-6 years of experience in Java and JEE.
- 4-6 years of experience with web based technologies.
- 4-6 years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Expertise in tuning JVMs and application servers.
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Conversational French is minimum