The Solution Architect is responsible for managing a set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among various stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend technical / business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
To achieve this, the Architect will work with a team responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support. Working with an advanced level of expertise, the Architect is responsible for the full development life cycle, management of projects/programs, and the direction of technical and business resources.
- Responsible for planning and contributing to the current vs. target state of architecture standards, patterns, and design.
- Ensure alignment of development teams’ implementation with architecture design and target state
- Ensure business initiatives are coordinated with architecture strategy, roadmap and design standards and patterns
- Ensure the architecture design standards and patterns stays current and support the company’s business and technology strategies.
- Responsible for guiding businesses in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning, and standard development practices.
- Meet scheduled milestones to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely design and/or implementation of solutions
- Actively facilitate problem resolution, in anticipation of problems.
- Must have at least 7+ years of technology work experience in the SaaS industry.
- Must have solid understanding and experience with software development using Java technologies
- Must have business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to company goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects).
- Must have process knowledge and experience in scheduling, risk management and systems design.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for API management, architecture design and development.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, OR equivalent work experience.