ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team in Toronto.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for helping guide a team’s direction, roadmap, and recruiting while driving efficient engineering processes and coaching team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Grow and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around ownership and impact
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Run and continuously improve an agile engineering process that empowers engineers with the context, autonomy, and tools needed to do their best work, and promotes shipping high-quality products efficiently and predictably
- Jointly own the teams’ execution and delivery of the product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager
- Partner with engineering leadership in Toronto and New York to formulate technical strategy and align teams with company objectives
- Work with leadership to identify strategic technology investments required to support business objectives, and ensure those projects are properly prioritized and delivered
- Ensure we are well represented in and enriches Toronto’s engineering community via events, content, open-source contributions, etc.
- Partner with our recruiting team to source, recruit and onboard talent to the team
- Coach and mentor individual team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
- 3+ years of management experience with an engineering team
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping, and maintaining mobile applications (iOS and/or Android) as a software engineer
- You have strong experience operating in complex tech organizations making use of agile methodologies and tools to build the product for users at scale
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building and growing teams
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high-quality products
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management, and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- Inspire, empower and motivate your teams, leading by example
- Ability to manage globally distributed teams on different time zones
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have a technical background. You should be able to dive into technical problems and coach, challenge and lead as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-discipline environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment