About The Role
We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an experienced iOS engineer to join the team and help build out an ambitious roadmap. The ideal candidate has a passion for user experience as well as meticulous attention to detail.
You’ll help build a mobile experience that allows landlords and property professionals to deliver the ultimate tenant experience. As a Senior iOS engineer, you’ll have ownership over the Rise suite of apps that enable asset and property managers to power their portfolio-wide operations and provide a premium experience to tenants, building operators, and visitors.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with multiple teams to help define a mobile experience
- Work on shipping high quality mobile first products
- As a cornerstone engineer, you’ll have high impact and ownership over technical decisions and problems we solve
- Have organization wide impact through your work and departmental initiatives such as brown bags, recruiting, being a mentor, etc
Some technical challenges you’ll help solve:
- Mobile users are some of the happiest customers on our platform - How do we drive more usage on our mobile app?
- How do we operate at scale and support accelerating growth?
- Help us leverage iOS platform features to deliver great mobile experiences that support our users while they’re working in the field and on-the-go
- Help us collaborate to ship efficiently and concurrently with our Android app
- Help us implement new features while paying down technical debt
- Help us leverage sound OOP practices to reduce code and improve reusability
- 5+ years experience working as an iOS engineer shipping apps to the App Store
- Experience building iOS apps with Swift
- Experience delivering high-quality native mobile experiences for consumers or enterprise customers
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, TDD, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
- A view of problems as opportunities―a continuous improvement mindset
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience building iPhone & iPad apps
- Experience working with across our mobile stack - we are 100% Swift, utilizing Alamofire, CocoaPods, Fastlane, Quickspec, XCTest, and more
- Experience working with NFC, BLE, RFID, Raspberry Pi, and IoT integrations
- Experience with the rest of our stack - we use Node.js, Angular, Mongo, AWS
- Experience with microservice and event-driven architectures
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (50+ engineers)