Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use us to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We are being shared with new people every day, and we’re adding people to our team to keep up. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help manage growth and keep things working smoothly behind the scenes.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you’ll be at the heart of nearly every application, tool, and service we use to build a great experience for our customers and our team. You’ll ensure uptime is consistent and security measures are upheld across the board, and you’ll develop and support new tools as we adopt them.
*This is a remote opportunity within Canada*
What you'll do:
- Work with a small team of infrastructure specialists and collaborate with our software developers to build, deploy, secure, manage, and optimize highly-available, fault-tolerant, and horizontally scalable systems in AWS and GCP.
- Improve continuous integration and delivery processes to uphold rigid infrastructure standards.
- Work autonomously for the most part. You’ll be part of a team who’s there to help you learn, but we also trust you to get work done when and where you can be productive, which isn't always in the same room as the rest of the team.
- Be part of our on-call rotation to make sure any unexpected issues that arise are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Design and build systems that work well and fail gracefully.
- Write scripts that other engineers can easily read and understand using Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Work directly with our infrastructure systems and tools daily. We currently use AWS, GCP, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Terraform, Ansible, Git/Gitlab/Github, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Elastic Stack, Datadog, PagerDuty, Go, Python and Hashicorp stack
What you have
- Lots of experience with AWS and/or GCP. You’re comfortable configuring, running, and managing services in either, or even both ecosystems, and you know your way around Compute, Database, Storage, DNS, etc.
- A relationship with Linux systems and networking – you’ll be working with them daily.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Jenkins/GitLab CI/CD, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent.
- A background building continuous deployment and testing the tools you set up.
- Knowledge of security practices, protocols, methodologies, procedures, and compliance (we’re SOC compliant). Security is our full-time job.
- Experience working with databases. We use MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- You live in the Greater Toronto Area - our DevOps team is based in Toronto.
You might also have:
- NoSQL and ElasticSearch experience.
- Personal experience with 1Password.