We are a team of tech experts who work on AWS based SaaS solutions for the Automotive Industry. Automotive mobile data and analytics is the core of our business. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture as it realtes to our data lake, while optimizing data flow and collection for cross functionalities. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the group up.
We want you to be part of our team and grow professionally. Here’s why you’d want to join us:
- Our people work with the latest web-based technologies in a cross functional, multi-faceted organization
- You’ll get a challenging and rewarding environment, the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaboration with some of the brightest people in the industry, and to share in our mutual success.
- Our Agile environment gives you the chance to be part of an ever changing and evolving process.
- We have a great culture, work environment and potential for professional growth.
- A company that is an industry disrupting Automotive Mobile Data & Analytics powerhouse in their space.
- And we’re really a fun group too
A Day in the Life
Support our software developers, database architects, data analyst and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout projects, while supporting our next generation of products and data initiatives
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams to define standards for data access, retention and destruction and supporting audits of our data infrastructure for legal compliance
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify the data sources and orchestration needed to meet the demands of the enterprise
- Design, develop and maintain solutions to: source, integrate, transform, cleanse, normalize and expose/present data to stakeholders
- Recommend and influence the adoption of data related technologies and products
What You'll Bring
- 2+ year experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience building Data Lakes, Data Warehouse (AWS Redshift, Snowflake)
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable big data date stores
- Experience with AWS cloud, SQL/noSQL, Aurora, C/C#, Pythton and Golang required
- Experience performing root cause analysts on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience building processes to support data transformation, data structures, meta-data, dependence and workload management
- Strong understanding of data science concepts
- Successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience as an expert in Data Governance including experience with best practices for ensuring the quality, security and accuracy and completeness of data
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment