Senior Product Designer
Ready to lead design strategy at the fastest growing tech company in Canada? Our client is looking
for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product & Design team. You will own your own
vertical and play a key role in every part of the design process, from user research, to
conception, to UI/UX, to validation. You will work hand-in-hand with Product, Engineering, and
Growth to develop innovative new products, optimize our current products and drive product-led
About the company:
As a high growth AI commerce company, allowing millions of users around the
world to book their travel over messaging they are currently in the scale-up phase. The
company plans to grow from ~50 employees to ~150+ employees as fast as possible while
maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world class leaders, they thrive on tackling complex
problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the
value they can add to their user’s lives!
They pride themselves on the performance-driven environment they’ve created
for the team to prosper and excel. Their values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and
risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
● Design Foundations: you will be a fierce champion for best practice both
implementing and creating well thought out experiences across the product. You
will help, further grow, and push the boundaries on our “Atlas” design
system created in Figma.
● Data & User Research Driven Design: You're experienced with how to leverage
the power of qualitative user research and quantitative data to identify problems,
opportunities, and solutions. Because you understand what types of insights
each of these different data sources can provide, you know what type of data to
ask for, as well as how to organize, interpret, and use that data to make strategic
● Balance business goals with optimal UX: They operate at such a large scale that
small design decisions you make will increase/decrease our revenue by
$100,000s. You’ll be constantly making design decisions to maximize both UX
● Communication and Collaboration: you value everyone's perspectives -
customers, colleagues, etc - and one of your most powerful design skills is
facilitation to help everyone on your team understand the full context of a
problem, opportunity, or solution and come to a shared understanding.
● Self-management and Prioritization - You do not need any hand-holding and can
manage your priorities by scoping your work effort and collaborating with product
managers and engineers to sequence your work.
● Delightful Experiences: Our success depends on the value, satisfaction, and
delight that they deliver to their users. You will be constantly looking for ways that
they can deliver value to their customers through UI and motion design.
● You have 3+ years of Product Design experience, ideally within a fast-moving
● You thrive in fast-paced environments and love to drive new initiatives
● Proven capability to launch polished, well-thought-out experiences based on
data, user research, best design practices, and your strong understanding of core
● You have led both attitudinal and behavioral user research initiatives, and have a
vast knowledge of various user research methodologies and how to best apply
● You know how to create and implement micro UI interactions in an effective way
to ensure a positive response from users.
● Previously shipped great consumer-facing (B2C) products for web and mobile
● You have worked with and contributed to a design system across multiple
platforms through Figma.
● You’re able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and why you've
made certain design decisions
● You know the ins and outs of the latest design tools, including Figma, Framer,
● You embrace an attitude of learning, you're always looking to learn and share
● You deliver pixel perfect work while thinking about UX holistically
● You work well with engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle
● You're not afraid to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of good
● Experience mentoring/managing junior product designers on your team
● Have strong UX writing and conversational design skills
● Experience building e-commerce products