Our client's engineers are most interested in solving business problems with cutting edge cloud technologies and distributed systems. Let’s face it, most of this stuff is pretty new so “10 years of experience” isn’t really a credible calling card. They’re looking for fearless engineers who love ramping up quickly by getting their hands dirty with sophisticated, cutting edge technology. They want employees to spend as much time directly working with clients as possible so being able to explain and justify technical decisions is also really important. They like the type of engineer that you can pair with a product manager and have them do their thing.
- Work with customers to define, design, and develop complex, multi-tier distributed software applications on cloud platforms ( AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Passionate about mentoring team members and bringing in new technologies within the larger team.
- Work hands-on with cloud native services to demonstrate and prototype outcomes in customer/partner environments.
- Work in a supportive environment with many growth opportunities.
- 5-10+ years of experience with Java
- 5-10+ years of experience with SpringBoot and API Design
- 5-10+ years of experience with AWS or another major cloud
- Expert in building, architecting, designing and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems on either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience building or integrating with Continuous Integration/Delivery process.
- Experience implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Message Queues Systems, Observability Services, State Management Systems, Caching etc.
- Hands-on micro services architecture experience using Spring boot, Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise with the AWS, GCP or Azure cloud native services
- Self-starter and strong, quick problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
- Bonus if you have experience with multiple cloud platforms – AWS, GCP or Azure
- Bonus if you have experience with Google Kubernetes Engine
- Bonus if you are familiar with provisioning and automating infrastructure with infrastructure as code tool such as Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Bonus if you have experience using Anthos, BigQuery, BigTable, TensorFlow.
Across all of their roles, they look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market.
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning.
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives.
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution.
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes.
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity.
- Experience leading and growing technical talent (for software engineering managers).