Our software engineers are problem solvers. While most have deep expertise in specific areas of the technology stack (front end, back end, data, security etc.), all are comfortable swimming across lanes. This is really important in delivering the product and platform outcomes that our customers expect.
Our engineers are most interested in solving business problems with cutting edge cloud technologies and distributed systems. Let’s face it, most of this stuff is pretty new so “10 years of experience” isn’t really a credible calling card. We’re looking for fearless engineers who love ramping up quickly by getting their hands dirty with sophisticated, cutting edge technology. We want all of our staff to spend as much time directly working with clients as possible so being able to explain and justify technical decisions is also really important. We like the type of engineer that you can pair with a product manager and have them do their thing.
As a Senior Backend or Full Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on a team with a get-things-done attitude, so you'll have lots of autonomy to create impact while tackling complex technical challenges.
- Contribute to design and architecture investigations and decisions.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews.
- Participate in the full software lifecycle of a modern software-as-a-service product – from implementation and testing, to supporting production engineering teams and on-call support
- Experience building successful production scalable software systems preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with .NET
- Experience building web applications using .NET Core, C#, ASP.net MVC and Entity Framework
- Familiarity with .net 4.8 and ideally .net 6 as well.
- Experience building API's
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with unit testing (nUnit, xUnit, ect)
- A team player possessing strong communication skills with staff at all levels.
- You are a self and quick learner, regardless of the languages and technologies used.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Bonus if you have experience with Angular
- Bonus if you have experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Bonus if you have experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools.
- Bonus if you have experience with the standard cloud providers (AWS / GCP / Azure).
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market.
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning.
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives.
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution.
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes.
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity.