We are a services-led firm providing expertise in the new world of IT transformation. We help clients build continuous improvement strategies using automation, orchestration, DevOps methodologies, security, cloud migration and optimization, and customized workflows. We help development teams focus on development efforts and not infrastructure. Efficiencies are achieved through microservices and container-based solutions, self-service enablement, and repeatable deployment methodologies. Our solutions help reduce risk and simplify tasks through standardized frameworks, workflow automation, and foundational IT practices.
We are growing, and are looking for a DevOps Consultant to join our team! You will join a company of talented industry leaders focused on delivering advanced software-based platform solutions to our customers. Our customers benefit from our team being on top of new trends and leverage our experience, and leadership in this space. This means we are always learning and experimenting with new and emerging technology. You will spend time learning the technologies you love in formal training, learning on the job, collaborating with a team and a healthy dose of self-learning to keep up with the pace.
How will you make an impact?
- Propose DevOps technology solutions based on clients business’ needs and take the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions;
- Provide guidance and hands-on DevOps consulting to our customers
- Work closely with the our leadership team to create strategy and go-to-market messaging
- Lead our clients towards best practices in cloud adoption and innovation business engagements
- Be an active part of the end-to-end client engagement process - opportunity identification, architecture and design, and project delivery
- Lead the proposal process by creating advanced architecture documentation and technical delivery approach
- Liaise with client development teams to encourage process transparency and clear view of roles and responsibilities across the deployment pipeline
- Build business cases to help our clients understand the benefits that can be realized from a transformation program or by deploying a new solution
- Successfully manage situations and roadblock impacting our clients
- Assist the team in the development of new solutions, ideas, architectures, proof of concepts, lab environments, and solution partners
- Work closely with project management to deliver all projects on time and on budget and provide visibility on delivery scope, timelines, and expectations
- Partner with our marketing team to deliver content such as blog posts, podcasts, and live workshops
- Mentor and coach more junior team members
- Actively participate in professional association, industry, and community events (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development)
- Always deliver the highest quality solutions to customers
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments
What will you bring to the role?
- 5-7 years of experience in Linux and/or Windows administration
- Experience configuring, deploying and/or maintaining containers and related orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience configuring, deploying, and/or maintaining GKE or OpenShift clusters
- Experience with a major cloud or virtualization provider such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience with SCM (Git, etc)
- Experience with automation and configuration management solutions is strongly desired (Ansible, Terraform, Vault)
- Some coding and/or scripting (Ruby or Python, Perl or BASH)
- Results-driven and goal oriented
- Understand how scalable, enterprise-level systems are deployed including network, security, and infrastructure systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Passion for presenting, training, teaching
Preference will be given to those applications who have one of the following certifications:
- Experience with Anthos
- Professional Google Cloud certification (Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, etc.)
- Professional Microsoft Azure certification (Associate Azure Administrator, Azure Solutions Expert, etc.)
- CNCF Kubernetes Certification (Certified Kubernetes Administrator, etc.)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)