Who We Are
We are the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, we enable them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 500+ leading brands, including Zoom, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and accelerated business performance.
Headquartered in California, US and other engineering offices in UK and India, se are expanding to build an engineering hub in Canada. Come and join our team in Canada and help us establish the engineering team culture and build the future of employee experience.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise on Front-End in React (with TypeScript) with 3+ years of experience to help us build the foundation of and deliver a new product line.
We’ll be leaning on your experience in building amazing user experience on the front-end and if you want to do full-stack development with our Node back-end, that would be great too.
The products we build have a direct impact on our user's happiness, success and satisfaction at work. Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other senior engineers, product managers and our UI/UX designers. They will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
The products we're building are all brand new so we have a modern tech stack implementing lots of best practices. Our apps are React Micro Front-Ends (MFE) with a multitude of backend services in Node.JS all deployed through GitOps. We're fans of infrastructure-as-code, automating toil and spending time refactoring if we need to.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Work in a talented cross-functional team to develop new user-facing features using TypeScript on the frontend (and back-end in Node if you want to be involved in full-stack development)
- Contribute to our shared UI library used by many engineering teams across the whole company
- Write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code and services. Quality is incredibly important to us and everybody is responsible for it
- Participate in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints
What makes you a great fit for the team:
- You like to deliver great user experience
- You are user focused – we solve our customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution
- 3+ years of overall experience
- 2+ years of experience with React, you should have a solid understanding of how and why it uses a virtual DOM
- Experience using modern modular CSS strategies e.g styled components, emotion, etc (we use CSS Modules) and why globally scoped styles are bad
- You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve productivity, code quality and user experience
- Affinity for profiling and analyzing code to identify areas for improvement. You should have a high level understanding of how both React and browser internals work to ensure our frontend stays performant and doesn't leak memory
- Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing (with Jest), and automated end-to-end testing using a framework like Cypress
- Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns
- Excited by working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Able to occasionally travel to our other offices in UK, New Delhi, and San Francisco
We’d specially love to hear from you if:
- You have proven excellence in writing readable and efficient TypeScript code
- You have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- You have experience working with micro-frontends in production
- You are familiar with feature flag tools such as Harness
- You have worked with frameworks / libraries such as css-modules, Next.js
Canada specific benefits
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit (100% coverage)
- Cell phone & home internet reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation (really, your manager will be encouraging you to take time off & recharge)
- We are just getting started with our Canadian office, our people ops team are working hard to evaluate and improve the benefit offerings.