We are a boutique, rapidly growing, GCP (Google Cloud Platform) consulting company based out of Toronto. We work with GCP’s top customers (banking, telco, energy, retail, etc.) to help them with cloud transformation, security, analytics, ML, and data governance. Clients usually engage us to solve their most challenging business problems and help raise the bar at their organization.
You get the best of both worlds. We operate like an early-stage startup with all the associated benefits (e.g., talent, growth, learning opportunities, flexibility), but get to solve enterprise-level technical challenges.
• People: We hire top-tier talent. Our team consists of ex-Googlers, YCombinator Alumni, and individuals that built software for 400M users.
• GCP is the Best Cloud: Maybe we are biased, but GCP is the most cutting-edge cloud provider, building on technologies that have been pioneered by Google: BigQuery, K8s/Anthos, Vertex AI, etc.
• Growth: We have doubled in size in the last 6 months, and are looking to double again this year.
• Lead the implementation of information systems to provide real-time data to business stockholders.
• Serve as a process expert to provide training and support a team of BI engineers.
• Provide hands-on leadership to a team of engineers on design and framework improvements.
• Work closely with technical leads and client teams to fully demonstrate the benefits of GCP and Looker technology
• Guide customers through their Looker journey.
• Introduce clients to data architecture, analytics, and BI best practices.
• Solve some of the most challenging, high-scale data, and IoT problems (banking, telco, energy, retail, etc.).
• Work with Data Scientists to derive information from data and provide businesses with better decision-making tools
• Support clients in troubleshooting issues in their test and/or production environments and identifying root causes and solutions
• Experience in mentoring and helping teams build technical capability.
• Ability to effectively communicate data insights and negotiate options at senior management levels.
• Experience in leading significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders
• BI experience, such as Looker, Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
Good knowledge of SQL
• Experience designing data models and building data structures (i.e. Product Required Documents on collecting data, cross-functional work with engineers)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex findings in a structured and clear manner to a non-technical audience
• Technical writing experience; preparing and presenting technical material to a variety of audiences.
• Experience in working in or with, Agile delivery teams.
Nice to have
• Looker experience
• Proficiency with statistical data analysis (a/b tests, hypothesis testing, experiment setting, etc.)
Type of qualities we look for (across all roles)
• Passionate about delivering high-quality commercial software products and platforms to market
• Team player. We are a small team and enjoy working with each other and our clients - we would like to keep it the same way as we grow
Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
• Client-focused and passionate about delivering strong business values.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of audiences, including developers, clients, customers, • partners, and executives.
• Flexible and willing to use the right technology for each problem in the context of timelines and business goals
• Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance