We are a boutique, rapidly growing, GCP (Google Cloud Platform) consulting company based out of Toronto. We work with GCP’s top customers (banking, telco, energy, retail, etc.) to help them with cloud transformation, security, analytics, ML, and data governance. Clients usually engage us to solve their most challenging business problems and help raise the bar at their organization.
You get the best of both worlds. We operate like an early-stage startup with all the associated benefits (e.g., talent, growth, learning opportunities, flexibility), but get to solve enterprise-level technical challenges.
• People: We hire top-tier talent. Our team consists of ex-Googlers, YCombinator Alumni, and individuals that built software for 400M users.
• GCP is the Best Cloud: Maybe we are biased, but GCP is the most cutting-edge cloud provider, building on technologies that have been pioneered by Google: BigQuery, K8s/Anthos, Vertex AI, etc.
• Growth: We have doubled in size in the last 6 months, and are looking to double again this year.
• Work closely with technical leads and client teams to fully demonstrate the benefits of GCP technology
• Introduce clients to cloud best practices such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, canonization, monitoring, etc.
• Setup GCP foundation, networking and security best practices using Terraform
• Define security best practices, and implement processes and tools to enforce them.
• Help build and monitor micro-services running on K8s
• Engineer tools and services that improve operational efficiency and help our developers build features faster
• Define and implement cloud-based solutions in line with industry best practices and enterprise architecture guidelines
• Support clients in troubleshooting issues in their test or production environments and identifying root causes and solutions
• Hands-on experience managing large K8s
• Experience in large-scale, secure, and high-availability solutions in Cloud environment, such as GCP.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Config Connector
• Extensive programming experience in Python, Java or Scala.
• Good understanding of containerization technologies such as Kubernetes (GKE) or Docker
• Good understanding of GCP services such as IAM, Networking components, Managed Instance Groups, and Google Cloud Storage buckets
• An understanding of security principles and other associated controls and features in GCP
• Database experience with either RDBM or NoSQL
• Technical writing experience; preparing and presenting technical material to various audiences.
• Experience in working in or with, Agile delivery teams.
Nice to have
• GCP experience
• Anthos experience
• Experience with Policy-as-Code (such as OPA)
• Strong understanding of Google SRE best practices
• Strong security background is a big plus: vulnerability management, threat modelling, SIEM, etc.
Type of qualities we look for (across all roles)
• Passionate about delivering high-quality commercial software products and platforms to market
• Team player. We are a small team and enjoy working with each other and our clients - we would like to keep it the same way as we grow
Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
• Client-focused and passionate about delivering strong business values.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of audiences, including developers, clients, customers, • partners, and executives.
• Flexible and willing to use the right technology for each problem in the context of timelines and business goals
• Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance