We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to design, build, and scale our web services and data pipelines. You’ll be working with a tight-knit engineering team that manages our platform, which stretches from the metal to the cloud and enables millions of devices to work without a hitch.
You'll be working with a team of generalists and on a very large technology stack: we're not the typical web startup. We do everything from SDKs for microcontrollers, to large-scale data pipelining in the backend, to complex custom charting in the frontend.
We're a small but experienced team who has worked at startups, scale-ups, and includes former principal engineers at large tech companies. Our development process encourages and provides training for you to contribute to as many areas of our technology stack as you’re interested in.
- Architect and scale backend infrastructure, data pipelines, and storage systems to accommodate tens of millions of devices
- Onboard as a backend developer
- Over the long term, work on the parts of our huge technology stack and the technical challenges that that interest you
- Start with simple, pragmatic solutions and iterate quickly
- Help bring modern development tools & practices to a whole software engineering discipline
- Have a major impact on our product, our infrastructure, our culture and our business
We’re looking for:
- Caring, kind, low ego: other people do better when they work with you
- A software engineer with 3+ years of experience building highly available and scalable data pipelines
- Knowledge in developing software in Python (Django or Flask/SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experience with writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL.
- Experience in designing scalable multi-tenant database solutions
- Experience with ORM concepts
- Passion about software, unit, & integration testing
- Excitement to learn more about hardware and embedded software
Our tech stack:
- Python, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Webpack
- PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Redis, AWS, Docker, S3