Senior, Staff and Principal Software Engineers
- Design and build Cerebral’s platform architecture to enable engineering teams to consume a scalable and extensible infrastructure platform
- Collaborate with product development teams to identify needs and translate it into a platform solution
- Deliver scalable solutions that improve core system performance and enhance developer experience
- Champion industry best practices and design patterns to drive engineering culture
- Influence technical decisions that will impact the organization’s ability to deliver amazing experiences and products
- Support what you build, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents
- Mentor and oversee software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of of software design patterns and industry best practices
- Contribute to the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
- Thetech stack:anguage: Ruby, Reactjs, React Native, Nodejs using Typescript
- Systems: AWS, Postgres, CircleCI, Terraform
Skills you’ll bring:
- Extensive experience in designing and building scalable applications utilizing various architecture patterns including microservices, event-driven architecture, micro-batch systems, containerization, and multi-region/highly available systems
- Experience leading a small engineering team to deliver high-impact features in a fast-paced environment
- Team player that can collaborate and communicate across multiple disciplines, levels, and product teams to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to break out a monolithic architecture into domain-driven components and services
- Lead a full stack development directly delivering value to patients and providers using technologies like Vue.js, React.js, AWS, Ruby, Typescript, etc. Does not need hands-on experience in all technologies.
- Proven ability to switch domains and tech stacks then add value on Day 1
- Mentor engineers with varying skill levels and experiences
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Passionate about adding value that changes people’s lives
- Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- Command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- Curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders