We are seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer. This position will play a critical role in the continued development of our Portal. The Staff Software Engineer will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
The Staff Software Engineer will take part in leading the effort to create a highly scalable and performant application stack to accommodate the forecasted 10X growth expected in the remainder of 2021.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Architect, develop and deploy robust, scalable and highly responsive solutions
- Lead the way by staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best practices, and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way to advance the overall state of technology for the entire organization
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Contribute to and maintain systems standards/best practices
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Work with DevOps to implement tooling and process improvements where required
- Support and mentor our senior and staff engineers by being the go-to-person for questions, broadly distribute knowledge, and generally evangelize the platform
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made
- Play a critical role in planning, working closely with senior leaders to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term technical and business strategy
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with more than one area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- 10+ years experience architecting enterprise ready applications, including API’s, microservice architecture, event driven communications, etc.
- Lead by example and produce high-quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the team
- Practitioner of agile software process and software design (experience with Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- Experience in collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews
- Strongly values unit testing and implements good automated testing practices
- Experience in working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience