As a Sr. iOS Engineer you will help architect, develop, and maintain the iOS App. You’ll research and incorporate modern best architectural standards, refactor our code base when necessary, and scale the consumer facing our app that has millions of downloads.
How your role contributes to the success:
- Our mobile engineers collaborate with our Product, Quality and Design Teams to select technology, optimize our current experience, and implement product differentiators to improve the experience for our users.
- Work with a Swift codebase, utilizing a VIPER-derived architecture, and emphasizes custom built solutions over third-party.
- Look critically at our apps, innovate and drive new solutions forward working with delivery teams across the organization to standardize code.
How your role expectations will progress as an Sr. IOS Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in:
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you’ll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and our values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in:
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Apply technical learnings that align with the product roadmap to overall department and organizational goals that drive company initiatives forward.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations and software design sessions.
180 days in:
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Guide the team's work so that it fits into the larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
- Improve efficiency in core systems and applications managed by the team and contribute to engineering group objectives.
What You’ll Bring:
- A proven career developing mobile apps for iOS (Swift / Objective-C)
- Experience shipping iOS apps to the App Store
- Strong knowledge of consuming REST APIs and backend services
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Familiarity with Agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Exposure to SQL, NoSQL, and real-time data pipelines
- Ability to learn and share new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Desire to work autonomously in an independent and small team environment with cross-platform and cross-functional team members
- Experience with Reactive Programming, Unit Testing, UI Testing Frameworks, and CI/CD tools a plus
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customers first