Our client is a Canadian-based airline that has helped change the industry for the better! Their Guest Experience team creates and cares for the mobile applications and websites used directly by millions of Canadians every day - our guests! As a Solution Architect on this team, you would provide technical leadership as they work to bring the vision of helping guests travel with confidence and ease to life!
Our client is looking for individuals with experience in designing and implementing large-scale, high-profile solutions that will elevate guests' digital experience to join the IT Architecture team. They use modern technology stacks crafted by some of the most amazing people you will ever work with. If you love travel and want to connect Canada and the world, you will fit right in!
- Leading the development of architectures for complex solutions ensuring consistency with agreed requirements, considering requirements for security, privacy and testing of solutions
- Establishing policies, principles, and practices for the selection of solution architecture components.
- Managing trade-offs and balancing functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area or value stream of the organization.
- Communicating proposed decisions to multiple stakeholders across the company, including ELT.
- Coordinating and managing the target architecture across multiple projects or initiatives, across business units and with third-party suppliers or partners.
- Maintaining a stable, viable architecture and ensuring consistency of design and adherence to appropriate standards across multiple projects or initiatives, across business units and with third-party suppliers or partners.
- Defining the planned operation and maintenance of the solution within a production environment — including changes to services, process, organization, and operating models as well as technology.
- Ensuring that existing and planned solution components are compatible with relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices
- Taking account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices identifying appropriate cloud services.
- Developing roadmaps to migrate components to cloud services.
- Developing and communicating implementation roadmaps across multiple business units and with external partners.
- Providing guidance and risk-based governance to support solution implementation including managing requests for changes and deviations from specifications.
- Being accountable for ensuring the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders and reconciling the conflicting concerns of different stakeholders, leading to a sign-off the architectural design as fit for purpose.
- Understanding and interpreting requirements by probing for information, influencing people, facilitating consensus, synthesizing / translating ideas into actionable items and articulating those ideas to others. Embodying requirements in the architecture specification.
- Tracking and evaluating emerging trends in domain knowledge area(s) and maintaining a strong relationship with appropriate vendors in that space.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of the technologies, techniques, and business concepts (as related to IT) used within the solution architecture domain.
- Being responsible for helping set and maintain architectural standards, as derived by corporate standards bodies such as Architecture Boards or equivalent.
- Being responsible for understanding the necessary IT support functions and infrastructure requirements to meet the needs of the solution architecture domain.
- Being accountable for multiple roadmaps (i.e. high level views of technology and the organization from which plans are created and/or evolved). Roadmaps will include business growth opportunities via technology, functional areas to focus on and where to invest technology dollars, etc.
- Collaborating and mentoring other architects, developers, SMEs, project managers, analysts, business stakeholders, etc, to provide optimal solutions that are aligned with corporate strategies while being open minded to other ideas and not driving a specific agenda.
- Presenting concepts to senior leaders as necessary, up to and including the CEO, while explaining technical items in an appropriate manner for non-technical audiences.
- Maintaining thought leadership and contributing to mentorship of others in a way that contributes to strategy and acts as a catalyst for change, as opposed to a barrier.
- Postgraduate Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Information Security and 5+ years of experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Current Solution Architect and/or Cloud certification(s) preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, providing mentorship and technical guidance to other team members
- Expert problem-solving skills and advanced interpersonal and communication skills including influencing others
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT, including application development, network and system administration, quality assurance, and application and data management
- Strong understanding of development architecture such as API, web services, etc.
- Strong understanding of data privacy, cloud security, application security, platform security, authentication security and database security controls
- Intermediate understanding of domain related architecture frameworks and modelling languages including TOGAF, SABSA, Archimate and the C4 model
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and applicable regulatory requirements, including PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, CCPA