Project Manager - Analytics - 6 month contract
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of technology and software projects focused on Data Analytics, through effective planning, scoping, and execution using hybrid waterfall/agile processes. To accomplish this, they will engage with business and technical teams to deliver on time and on budget with customer satisfaction always being in the forefront.
The ideal candidate will be driven, pragmatic, have a positive attitude, strong attention to detail, great communication skills, and consistently make decisions with the end users in mind.
- Ownership and accountability of project delivery across multiple projects, managing scope and schedule with an agile-centric approach to prioritization and value delivery.
- Facilitate weekly activities & reports to ensure the stakeholders have a clear view of the project/sprint activities, risks and overall health.
- Ensure quality assurance processes are interwoven throughout the delivery phases by all team members, and other stakeholders.
- Own the process, adhere to the engagement methodologies, and be knowledgeable on the effective process steps needed to execute a project successfully
- Help the company with pipeline capacity and resource planning by consistently having a clear picture of outstanding work per engagement.
- Provide feedback on areas for improvement in existing ways of delivery and operation
- Drive accountability while assisting with development & growth of the team members, fostering collaboration with a particular focus on building agile skills
- University or College degree in Technology and/or Software, equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in technology project management
- Experience deliverying data analytics projects at enterprise level
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholder groups both internally and externally
- Ability to manage competing priorities while creatively solving problems.
- Experience with waterfall and agile (scrum) project management tools and techniques
- Ability to motivate, encourage and coordinate with both dedicated and shared teams in a dynamic environment and speak their ‘languages’
- Detail oriented, self sufficient, resourceful, organized and proactive