Our client is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
About the Job
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineering Manager to take point on managing a team of engineers. We look for managers who are still extremely technical, and can develop excellence in: service design discussions, software architecture, cross-team contract conversations, and pair coding sessions with junior members of the team.
Your team will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and operating production quality services that are foundational to the success of the company. You will be empowered to invent and innovate, and be given clear end-to-end ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Having the chance to be involved in the early stages of a company dedicated to re-inventing an experience with universal reach is rare. The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the burndown charts or limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Mentor, nurture, and grow your team
- Actively review code and keep the quality of code high.
- Comfortable with running technical interviews and deeply engaged with keeping the talent bar high
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Build and operate scalable production systems that incorporate your own and others' research.
- Greenfield development - collaborate with other talented people to build something great from the ground up
- Spot potential technical and cultural issues, before they become an active problem
- Pillars of development: Security, Scalability, Operational Excellence, Cost Effectiveness
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- 3+ year of experience managing a development team
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and quality engineering principles
- Experience working with cloud-based deployments
- Familiar with current infrastructure, database and web development trends and technologies
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passionate about and engaged in the user experience and business outcomes
- Relentless about bringing maximum efficiency and stability to a code base and application
- Experience with the Secure Development Lifecycle