How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer. This position at comes with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a cross-functional team working to expand and improve theour product by conducting research, prototyping solutions, and ultimately delivering highly-attuned customer experiences.
If you’re an entrepreneurial-minded, execution-focused professional looking for an opportunity to grow and be part of a closely-knit team, we look forward to speaking with you. We value people who take ownership and get stuff done while working in a highly collaborative, supportive environment.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to discover and solve complex problems, within a culture of teamwork, partnership, and respect
- Design platforms that enable our products to work seamlessly together, accounting for larger application structure and context across all users and permissions
- Lead the design and application of ambitious platform-wide patterns and views that greatly reduce redundancy and debt, improve the user experience, and closely align to customer outcomes and workflows
- Promote research methodologies and lead qualitative and quantitative exercises that provide you with deep empathy for all of our customers’ motivations, goals, and larger systems in which they operate
- Facilitate design workshops and mentor other Designers to produce bold ideas and feedback
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit substantive written and verbal communication skills, contributing design process and strategies to the platform, your product, and the Design team
- Contribute to organization-level strategies and objectives, and operationalize them
- Be a Design leader, with IC/Manager opportunities to coach other Designers
- Have a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Research, or a related field
- Have 10+ years' experience as a Product Designer in web and mobile applications at a software company, with bonus points for prior Real Estate experience
- Have prior IC/Manager or design management experience
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike
- Are a leader and a team player, with a strong desire to lead a growing organization of fellow Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers