We are a DAO-native employment, payroll, benefits and tax provider.
We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
- Crypto-native Employer of Record services,
- Token tax and payroll processing,
- HR business partnership services,
- Indemnification of employment liability, and
- Intellectual property (IP) custodianship for DAOs.
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment for the next million contributors in Web3.
We are a team of extremely hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on redefining the existing social conventions and many convictions around how people work and collaborate, how they are compensated and how they are enabled for success.
Regardless of the role, we look for candidates who will thrive in an ultra fast-paced culture like ours and will play an instrumental role in driving our growth forward. We want to work with people who are ready to learn and willing to build. Attitude is everything.
We are a fully remote company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages for everyone on our team, anywhere in the world.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager, you will be empowered to build and lead the Engineering Team, which will plot the course of our core products, doing whatever is necessary to bring success.
You will recruit and mentor a high-performing team of superstars, while creating frameworks and writing code that allow us to rapidly push and iterate new products and features. You will be instrumental in bringing our vision to market, establishing a foundation for exponential growth.
You will be expected to be a hands-on manager and contribute significantly to our flagship Tax Engine product. Together with our Product and Payroll Team, you will lead our engineering efforts to create robust and scalable webapps that serve as the backbone to a delightful user experience for companies and DAO’s engaging in Token Payroll across the globe.
Timezone requirement: EST +/- 5 hours
- Be empowered to build the first engineering team in a high-growth Web3 startup
- Recruit and establish a world-class engineering team with only the engineering superstars you want to work with
- Foster a team culture that pushes for rapid and iterative software development processes
- Tutor and manage engineers to have continuous growth
- Build first flagship product: Design, architect, implement, iterate and scale up a world-first product in the Web3 space with the help of talented and devoted teammates
- Establish best practices ensuring that systems and processes are well documented to ensure the scalability of the engineering team.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering at a startup or similar faced paced environment.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management
- Prior experience growing and managing engineering teams at a high growth startup
- Mastery of multiple languages and frameworks, and the ability to move across the tech stack
- You have experience building full-stack web experiences from the data layer to the front end
- Ability to write quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced, agile software engineering environment
- You know what high-quality code and software engineering processes look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You have an interest or experience in working in a fast-paced remote-first startup, across multiple geographic locations and time zones where priorities can shift quickly
What Makes You Great
- You’re a proven bootstrapper, having designed front-end and back-end systems, written the first lines of code, launched and scaled a product to a high level of impact
- You have experience designing relational database schemas, data modeling, and data access patterns
- You have experience architecting fault-tolerant, multi-tiered web apps
- You have exceptional teamwork, analytical/problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- You hold an interest in and knowledge of product roadmap development and execution
- You have experience leading engineers in a remote environment
- You're passionate about the mass adoption of Web3 in payments and payroll contexts.