Our client is a team of pragmatic programmers who know how to balance customer’s needs with their desires as engineers to solve problems elegantly. They aim to implement best of breed modern software solutions and simplify the needs of the team to maintain complex systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain the Backend API using Python, Flask, SqlAlchemy and PostgreSQL
- Work closely with the Product Stakeholders to help rapidly advance technical offerings.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and recommend improvements to security and stability where appropriate, including security and monitoring infrastructure
- Provide accurate and well thought out estimates to Business Stakeholders to aid in prioritization of features in the backlog.
- Attend daily stand ups and collaborate closely with others to help coordinate the initiatives of those around you.
- Provide helpful feedback to others through code reviews and likewise be willing to improve your code by letting others review your work.
- Develop and maintain automated tests in parallel with contributions to the codebase.
- Other projects as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Researching other programming languages.
- Leading Research initiatives to quickly solve business problems via Proof of Concept or small Minimum Viable Product Samples.
- 3+ years proven experience developing complex web applications using Python
- Experience writing efficient, reliable and robust code for back-end APIs
- Experience and comfort with working in a fast-paced team and the ability to adapt to changing needs
- A growth and continuous development mindset that applies to your personal development, your skills, the quality of your work, and the teams you work in
- Ability to learn and apply new information and skills to advance project goals
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills
Must Have Skills:
- Python 3.x experience
- PostgreSQL or similar relational DB
- Flask or Django
Nice To Have Skills:
- Google Firestore