This company is a venture studio based in Orange County, CA. They are an award-winning team of designers, engineers, and product innovators. They work on their own products as well as partner with global brands to build new and innovative products from the ground up to help them stay competitive in their industries. Although headquartered in California, they also have a vibrant center of operations in Toronto, ON. They also have team members scattered across the world who work remotely, so location is not a limiting factor.
As the first Director of Engineering, you will help build, execute, and communicate our engineering vision. Working closely with the CEO, CTO, and other leadership, you will help define the roadmap and strategic goals.
- Mentor and inspire the development team by providing architectural and technical guidance to engineering and QA teams
- Alongside the CTO, design, implement and monitor all operations and key performance including metrics and operational efficiency from the engineering team
- Create and execute successful technological strategies that reflect and are aligned with the vision and mission, including the client-facing side of the business
- Collaborate closely with leadership and teams across the company, helping set strategic initiatives and contributing to product direction
- Continue to build the amazing Engineering team through recruitment of top engineering talent
- 6+ years of experience in software development, including backend, frontend, and mobile development, and comfortable jumping in to be hands-on when needed
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services, including solution architecture and deployment of the services
- Comfortable leading and directing QA teams
- Experience building and encouraging cohesive and collaborative teams, focusing on high-quality code and the customer experience
- Effectively manages diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities and is an experienced project manager, problem solver and change manager
- Comfortable in a client-facing role. Experience in a consulting or design studio is nice-to-have