The objective of Customer Success Manager (CSM) is to assist customers in obtaining their goals using the company's services. The CSM will be the key interface between the company and customers with overall responsibility for long-term relationship and growth of the account, acting as a trusted advisor while monitoring the operational, financial, and quality performance of account delivery.
The CSM must be capable of anticipating customer needs, fostering strong customer relationships, and delivering solutions that ensure consistent reliable service performance. The CSM will be responsible for all business relationship management activities and must act in a leadership role within the company. The CSM will help support the setting of long-term support plans for customers and lead growth opportunities within the account while following the ITIL service management framework.
• Manage all aspects of the company's relationship with assigned customers and act as primary business point of contact on those accounts.
• Collaborate, develop, and execute a defined account management strategy that drives retention, renewal, adoption, and growth.
• Successfully implement customer onboarding (including services set-up, troubleshooting, training, etc.), enhanced support, on-going maintenance and training, usage analysis and usage driving activities of assigned accounts.
• Ensure a superior customer experience on behalf of the company and thereby support the businesses’ NPS and renewal goals.
• Create delivery experiences which help customers get the most value from services and easily identify opportunities and strategies to improve their business, drive action, and achieve results by partnering with the company.
• Understand customer’s business needs, expectations, and goals so deeply that everything the CSM does is about helping them achieve/exceed those goals.
• Participate in, and as appropriate lead, customer meetings regarding service delivery, project management and work scheduling as well as monitor service performance, identify issues and work with all levels of the company and customer personnel to drive issue resolution.
• Assist operational teams in implementation of processes, procedures, and other mechanisms to assure continuity of service performance.
• Conduct regular service performance reviews and manage service scope as well as coordinate change orders & new statement of work.
• Ensure that effective communication and problem management occurs between all service support team members.
• Ensure all internal stakeholders have clear visibility into the status of all statements of work with timely updates as needed to execute on their plans and effectively collaborate to produce expected results.
• Provide analysis of key metrics and recommend improvements.
• Coordinate, lead and drive the problem management process to ensure all appropriate constituents are participating and the root cause of issues are identified, resolved, and appropriately communicated to all appropriate levels at customer end.
• Manage agreed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline.
• ITIL Certification and Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent PM experience
• 4-6 years’ experience in Information Technology or related field.
• 4-6 years’ experience in account management, consultancy, customer service or service management, preferably with an IT managed service or outsourcing provider.
• Experience in establishing customer vision, owning account growth and portfolio expansion initiatives
• Experience in project management and business operation with exposure to business process and information flow.
• Experience with complex inter-related projects in matrix-managed environments.
• Knowledge of IT industry practices and standards.
• Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal team members and to work across the organization to achieve results.
• Ability to work effectively with middle, senior and executive level customer contacts face to face, electronically and over the phone.
• Ability to grasp technical concepts and establish credibility with technical contacts.
• Ability to recognize process deficiencies and implement improvements.
• Ability to analyze customer specific data and come up with appropriate suggestions for the customer account.