About your role
We’re a strong engineering team that is building a platform to enable retailers to compete in a world being threatened by the disruptive e-commerce businesses. With millions of users and thousands of businesses on the platform, we’ve found strong product-market fit and are growing rapidly. We’re building out massively scalable backend systems and APIs, beautifully designed user experiences, and highly intelligent marketing tools. We take pride in our platform and recognize the value of paying down tech debt, investing in the future, and truly making our codebases enjoyable to operate in. As we continue to grow quickly grow, we’re expanding our engineering team.
Some technology we use:
- Frontend: React, React Native, Redux, Typescript
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Golang, gRPC
- Infrastructure: AWS, Fargate, Terraform, Docker
- Development: CircleCI, Github, Datadog, Sentry
Who Are You?
We are looking to expand our engineering team and establish an engineering hub in the Toronto-Waterloo corridor. We are looking for strong senior full-stack engineers to join our team as foundational team members in the area. As an ideal candidate, you enjoy practicing the craft of software engineering — writing high-quality code, building high-impact products, and finding elegant solutions for complex technical problems.
- This is a hands-on role. You will spend significant time writing & shipping software
- You will build highly scalable, performant systems and products
- You have the ability to work across the entire stack — frontend, backend, infrastructure, data, devops
- You will learn from and collaborate with a talented engineering team
- You will have opportunities to work across the entire stack
- You’re always learning new frameworks, languages, and tools
- You’re a fantastic team player: communicative, collaborative, empathetic
- You thrive in a distributed team environment
- You enjoy mentoring others and contributing with recruitment efforts
We are not big on requirements, but you likely have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience at a fast-growing technology organization with clear, fast, and hard-earned career progression.
- Experience with RoR, Django, Gin or comparable web frameworks.
- Experience with modern front-end technology (React, Redux, Typescript, similar).
- Experience with provisioning, managing, and documenting infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform).
- Experience in a very fast-paced, startup environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate, and take on projects.
- BA/BS degree required, computer science/engineering background is a plus.