Senior Network Architect
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Architecture & Implementation team, the ideal candidate must have expert level architecture design, implementation, support and troubleshooting expertise in: the following network\security solutions and services; Cisco Data Center Solutions including Cisco ACI, Cisco SD-WAN, Cisco SDA, Citrix load balancer, Palo Alto Firewall Solutions, Cloud Expertise including Azure and AWS
The candidate must be team oriented, have strong communication, interpersonal, documentation and presentation skills. The successful candidate must be comfortable working with various levels of management. This is role requires strong technical skills with no people management responsibilities
Senior Network Architect is a key technical resource that will be responsible for providing expert level architecture design, implementation, support and troubleshooting of the corporate network. This person will be a member of a nation-wide team of technical staff focused on architecting, supporting, and maintaining the network and IT infrastructure.
- Work with business users and leadership to solution and implement business projects focusing on network deliverables
- Work closely with network support and network security to ensure our network performs optimally and is secure
- Able to learn new technical concepts in a short period of time
- Design technical solutions for complex network
- Perform network audits and impact assessments for new technologies being implemented
- Provides thought leadership to operationalize next generation networks throughout all environments, providing technical direction to technology leadership around emerging trends and integrating cutting edge technical solutions for products and services
- Oversees the design and evolution the network architecture including developing and architecting creative solutions to drive innovation in support of business strategies
- Drives efforts to optimize network performance by growing and modifying existing networks, leveraging new and emerging technologies in support of application services
- Drives all process improvement initiatives to identify opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment
- Document/Develop operational processes and troubleshooting guides for Network Support and Operations staff
- Support and train Network Support and Operations resources.
- College Diploma or University Degree in the field of computer science and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry certifications in networking and security both on-premise and in a multi-cloud environment currently Azure and AWS such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Citrix, Azure, AWS & GCP are beneficial
- Senior level experience with Cisco SDWAN (Viptela), Cisco SD-Access, Cisco DNAC, Cisco Tetration, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco ISE and Cisco ACI, with 3 years or more architecting solutions for each of these technologies in a production environment
- Senior level experience with Cisco Switches, Cisco VPN Appliances, Cisco Wireless LAN Controller and Meraki solutions with 3 years or more architecting solutions for each of these technologies in a production environment
- Senior level experience with Palo Alto security solutions such as Physical Firewalls, Prisma Access (SaSe), Prisma Cloud and Panorama
- Senior level experience with network load balancers and application load balancers such as Citrix Netscaler
- Senior level experience architecting cloud networking solutions in a mutli-cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle)
- Senior level experience architecting and optimizing M365 connectivity including MS Teams enterprise voice and video traffic
- Senior level experience architecting and securing direct internet connectivity to SaaS services
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a team player.
- Able to provide some on call support after regular working hours.