Position: Senior MySQL Database Administrator
Our client is looking for a MySQL Database Administrator to assist our growing practice. This company provides 24/7 support for their customers' mission-critical database systems, which is possible through their proven model of Tier 3 DBAs in the U.S. and Tier 2 teams in India. This model allows their DBAs to provide superior service to their customers, without DBAs having to sacrifice their lives.
- Influences and provides leadership beyond own projects or across multiple customers.
- Provides technical escalation expertise for database system problems.
- Provides design expertise for complex database solutions.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in emerging technologies and disciplines relating to present and future products and solutions through personal research, continuing education, seminars/trade shows and related activities.
- Increases or contributes to customer satisfaction and profitability, keeping an eye out for customer needs and or issues where we may be able to provide solutions to improve their database environments.
- Promotes and enforces adoption of standards, processes, and SLAs.
- Schedule and conduct the weekly technical review meeting with each customer where you are the Primary DBA.
- Perform proactive database administration for all databases at all your clients.
- Automate work/jobs were appropriate and engage Support Services DBAs when needed.
- Take ownership and accountability for all your customers- i.e. Work for the client like you were a DBA employed at that company.
Applicants must have the following experience in order to be considered for this position:
- 8+ years overall IT experience, with 5+ years on MySQL and MariaDB Product Suite.
- Extensive experience in MySQL 5.6/5.7/8.0 and MariaDB 10.4/10.5/10.6 both on-premises and Cloud.
- Has supported large enterprise environments with complex datasets.
- Worked in Clustered architecture like InnoDB cluster, Galera Cluster,etc.
- Experience in MySQL and MariaDB Backup, Restores.
- Experience in Advanced Monitoring Solutions.
- Experience in Database migrations to the cloud.
- Experienced in Advanced HA Replication solutions with MySQL, MariaDB and Percona.
- Experienced in RDS and Aurora MySQL support.
- Experience in Performance tuning in opensource databases.
- Database Security best practice implementations.
- Experience in Heterogenous migrations to MySQL/MariaDB.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Administration of MySQL and MariaDB on Linux and Windows.
- Experienced in AWS, Azure,GCP and/or any cloud provider environment.
- Experience in data modeling, schema design and optimization.
- Planning and architecting database solutions.
- 24/7 production support experience.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers.
- Clear Communication.
General Experience in the following other areas is required:
- Worked in customer services environments or in Managed Service Providers/Professional
- Ability to work with others collectivity, as a Team
- Percona Toolkits, PMM, ProxySQL, Orchestrator,Max Scale etc.
- Automation using Ansible,Chef,Puppet or IaaC with Terraform/Cloud Formation,etc.
- Preferable Kubernetes experience
- Is able to coordinate between DBA team and directly with the customer
- Can converse with executive levels of management and user base
- Open to join oncall rotation.
- MySQL, MariaDB and AWS, Azure Certifications is a plus.