View all jobs
Sr Platform EngineerToronto, Ontario · Computer/Software
As a platform engineer, you will:
- Work with customers to define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Passionate about mentoring team members and bringing in new technologies within the larger team
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform services to demonstrate and prototype outcomes in customer/partner environments.
- Work in a supportive environment with many growth opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience with Java and Spring framework.
- Experience building, architecting, designing and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems on GCP.
- Experience building or integrating with Continuous Integration/Delivery process
- Experience implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Observability Services, State Management Systems, Caching etc
- Hands-on micro services architecture experience using Spring boot, Docker and Kubernetes (GKE preferred).
- Expertise with the Google Cloud Platform services.
- Self-starter and strong, quick problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
- Bonus if you are familiar with provisioning and automating infrastructure with infrastructure as code tool such as Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Bonus if you have experience using Anthos, BigQuery, BigTable, TensorFlow.
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market.
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning.
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives.
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution.
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes.
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity.
- Experience leading and growing technical talent (for software engineering managers).