The Core is building libraries to share common security-critical code across our macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows apps, as well as our browser extensions and web app. Our goal is to implement a complete client backend that will power the next decade of development
This position is with a hybrid team that is focused on security, and building the best and most secure applications possible. This team is responsible for developing security-critical features, performing reviews, triaging security issues reported by penetration testers or through our bug bounty program as well as developing fixes, and other similar work. Our goal is to constantly raise the bar for security, and we are looking for a passionate developer to be part of that effort.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada or the US.
What we're looking for:
- A strong background in application architecture.
- Some programming experience with Rust in production is preferred.
- More than 2 years of experience in systems programming with other languages (C++, Go, etc).
- Experience with WASM a plus!
- Secure coding practices are second nature for you.
- An understanding of computer security, encryption, and common threat vectors.
- Admiration for team effort with ambition to take the lead on your own projects.
- Excitement for the unknown – you’re always ready to learn something new.
- Familiarity with concurrency patterns in Rust and other languages.
- Experience with cross-platform development for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Willingness to document and maintain APIs, and assist implementers in other areas of the company.
- Someone ready to work remotely and independently with self-imposed schedules, projects, and deadlines.
What you can expect:
- Working with feature teams or independently on new features, security fixes, improvements, and hardening.
- Performing code reviews, with a focus on potential security issues.
- Providing guidance on the design and development of new features to ensure that they are built to the highest standards.
- Working with the development teams on security-critical features, implementing secure protocols, and other code that is important to the security of the applications.
- Developing specialized tools / automation for internal use.
- Identifying security issues, and providing recommendations to remediate issues identified by yourself or from penetration tests or bug bounty programs.