We are seeking a software engineer to help us along our product journey. You would be
part of our Commerce Delivery team, building both core and add-on products for our
commerce products. You have worked within an Agile development environment and have
worked on teams using Scrum or Kanban. You have experience working with modern
content management systems and frontend frameworks. You'd participate in the build and
maintenance of our core commerce products in a team of developers, QA, and designers.
You'd develop and maintain our online web applications, as well as internal tools used by
the team. You are either in the Toronto, Canada area or you work as a remote member of
Why We Need You
We’re on a journey to bring our commerce (affiliate) publication to an even broader
audience. As a developer at VerticalScope you will be helping build, test and deploy the
supporting software that power performant web apps to our hundreds of millions of visitors,
as well as our internal teams. You’ll achieve this by building some of the core systems and
tools that aid and empower your peers to deliver value as effectively as possible. You’ll be
growing and learning with your fellow team mates in addition to collaborating closely with
the other teams in product centric groups as we strive to build excellent software that
delights our users.
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have no problem
explaining or walking other people through complex technical problems.
● You are open minded and consider other people's thoughts and opinions carefully.
● You are not afraid to take ownership of your work.
● You have a constant desire to improve yourself and the team.
Required Skills and Experience
● Strong knowledge of WordPress theme and plugin development
● Professional experience with relational databases (MySQL)
● Solid understanding of web application performance and usability concepts
● Comfortable working with CI/CD pipeline and version control software (Git)
Nice to haves
● Knowledge in Search Engine Optimization and Website Optimization
● Experience working with containerized (Docker) environments
● Experience working with cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
● Experience with React or other frontend JS frameworks
● Jira or similar project management software
● Fundamental knowledge of Linux command line