With a high-performing team of world class leaders, we thrive on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our user’s lives!
We pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
Our product engineering team is responsible for everything the user interacts with: our chatbot, our frontend, our internal tools, our UI/component library, and the services and databases that power these. As a member of this team you will:
• Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment. You will have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
• Own our static corporate pages, our front-end services, and our component library, including: development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and debugging
• Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
• Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
• Be data-driven and close to the customer, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We have a modern front-end stack featuring React, Redux, and Typescript
- We use Material-UI and maintain our own component library, using Figma for mock-ups
- We do unit testing with enzyme and react-test-utils, and end-to-end testing with WebdriverIO
- We use Gitlab and docker for version control and CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using TrackJS and Datadog
- We use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation
- You have 3+ years professional working experience in front-end software development, and are proficient in React / Redux
- You are willing and able to work in all areas on the front-end world, from Redux state-management to UI and styling work, though the proportion of time spent in different areas will be influenced by your interests and strengths
- You stay up-to-date with changes in the JS ecosystem and browser standards and compatibility issues
- Familiarity with Typescript, Material-UI, and/or WebdriverIO is a bonus
- You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning.
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive complex projects end-to-end
- You are a strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders