We are an innovative startup building an interactive content platform that drives action and measurable impact.
● Curate engaging video content to educate and inspire users about social and environmental issues.
● Build campaigns around this media to encourage and empower users to take action about the things they care about.
● Measure actions and data to motivate and inspire users to make a positive impact on the world.
We empower people and organizations to generate measurable positive impact on the issues they care about.
● Individuals to share with their peers and potential employers
● Corporations to measure and communicate impact
● NGOs to support their grant applications and donor campaigns
We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join the engineering team in Toronto.
part of our engineering team. Your development expertise and technical leadership will enable us to rapidly build a platform that allows us to deliver on our mission.
You’ll be working on:
● Building GraphQL based APIs and other services using Java & Spring and other JVM technologies
● Building highly functional web application UIs that are responsive, performant and extensible, according to our standards
● Collaborating with colleagues across Engineering, UX and Product to help design and develop complete features
● Contribute to establishing our architectural standards for both backend services and frontend application development
● Developing our library of reusable frontend components to improve UI development productivity
● Keeping current with the latest technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
● Being a thoughtful contributor to our codebases to promote product quality and developer productivity
● Being an advocate throughout the company for great software engineering practices
You’ll need to have experience with:
● Professional software development for 4+ years
● Development of APIs and services on a Java stack, using modern frameworks, libraries and tools
● Development using Angular, React, Vue.js or other modern SPA frameworks, utilizing APIs
● Developing frontend web applications that perform well on all devices using modern
languages and frameworks
● Designing maintainable, testable and scalable components on both the backend and frontend
● Relational database design and development, including data access, SQL and caching
● Strong focus on writing simple, clean and testable code
● Proven ability to write robust unit, integration, functional and performance test suites
● Well-versed in debugging, memory management and performance tuning/scalability techniques
● Collaboration with designers and developers to suggest and critique ideas and prototype initial concepts
It would be great if you had experience:
● Completing a Comp Sci or comparable degree or diploma
● Implementing GraphQL APIs using Java or another language/stack
● Building frontend UIs with GraphQL
● Integrating with and developing on cloud infrastructure at AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
● Using NoSQL and other non-relational database technologies
● Applying CI/CD practices and tools, including “Infrastructure as Code"
● With design practices such as design for failure, eventual consistency, asynchronous distributed workloads and principle of least privilege security
● Additional specialized skills such as mobile application development, data science/analytics, machine learning, microservices design
● Demonstrating a deep understanding of particular software technologies or development practices that are of keen interest to you