This Senior Developer position is for one of the many teams that work on the Insights team. The Insights team makes data useful. Our team charter is to find intuitive and helpful ways to surface data that empowers account administrators to make informed decisions. We value delivery by design and as Sr Developer you will bring data insights to life for our business clients by designing secure data systems and building data visualizations, dashboards, and interactive reporting that help out clients stay safe and productive. We embrace the challenges of delivering high-quality data and insights without compromising our commitment to privacy by design.
A very important part of this job is approaching new challenges with curiosity and the drive to fix root causes, not paper over symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- A profound respect for user privacy and information security.
- A passion for analyzing data to find meaning amongst the chaos
- A critical eye for detail while understanding that perfection is the enemy of good
- An enthusiastic attitude to learn while tackling new features and make existing ones better
- A healthy balance of being able to work collaboratively while also taking responsibility for assigned tasks.
- A willingness to make “someone else’s problem” your problem.
- Experience with directing the complete development lifecycle of a project from initial planning, through development, and into customer support.
On the technical side:
- Experience working in any modern server-side language, with bonus points for Go. Demonstrate abilities in other server-side languages and we trust that you will learn Go just fine.
- Familiarity with TypeScript and modern frameworks like React are certainly nice to have, but not required.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and advocating for scalable solutions.
- Show an appetite for clean, idiomatic code that’s easy to read and maintain
Bonus points if you have experience:
- With Elasticsearch
- Building integrations with SIEM systems
- Building systems that deliver large data sets reliably.
- Interacting with 3rd party technical teams
What you can expect:
- Building, deploying, and maintaining new features in the web app, specifically around reporting.
- Connecting directly with customers to learn how they use the features we build and where the experience could be better.
- Writing a lot of Go, Typescript and Sass with robust unit and integration tests.
- Documenting the decisions you make when creating new features so the rest of your team members can follow along.
- Developers are empowered to propose new solutions and encouraged to innovate. You have the support to solve problems your way, and the opportunity to make your mark.
- We pause regular work streams every so often to learn and have fun. Weeklong hackathons, customer focused days, online gaming, tech talks, quiet reading, and on it goes.
We are a collaborative group where the team succeeds as a whole. We understand that balance is important in life and deeply value our supportive and flexible work environment. We strive to do our work asynchronously most of the time and jump on Zoom if needed. This workflow gives us great flexibility and creates an environment of freedom to get our work done in the way that best suits us. We all thrive in different conditions. We encourage you to work when you're at your best, and check in with your team during core hours that work for everyone.