As the Sr. Product Manager on the Platform Team, you will be responsible for the delivering on the key qualities of the platform, specifically the platform's speed, scalability, and resiliency. You will work with the Platform Team to meet and continuously improve on the high standards set for the platform, as the company continues to grow and scale our impact. To accomplish this, you will work with engineering and product to represent the Platform Team on overall product strategy, roadmapping and prioritization. You will be expected to take anything from small product improvements to large new system capabilities from ideation to launch. Beyond launch, you will be expected to participate in the monitoring and upkeep of our platform, to ensure it delivers consistent value as our user base grows.
The flagship product is currently used by hundreds of investment banks and research firms around the world, including many of the world’s most influential enterprises. The success of this product line has led to additional product opportunities and revealed how ripe the industry is for innovation and disruption of the status quo.
- Translating stakeholder requirements into clear product requirements: epics, stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborating with the Head of Product, designers, and engineering team to ensure that features and outcomes are well-defined and executed.
- Providing the team with the right context for the goals that the features and stories need to meet.
- Participating in and contributing to discussions about strategic approaches to increasing the value of our solution across our users, and the impact those strategies would have on all of our stakeholders
- Working with the product team to evaluate the potential impact of product work on our bottom line. Helping identify risks and unknowns that will affect where product work should fall within the larger product roadmap
- Translating key customer needs and stakeholder input into actionable, well-scoped, and clearly defined changes to the product
- Shepherding product work through the design and engineering phases of the SDLC, helping to problem solve challenges raised through design and implementation, assisting in the testing and launch activities
- Participating in the creation and sharing of the product vision and roadmaps. Maintaining product documentation for internal teams. Supporting go-to-market functions with sales, support, marketing, and client services activities as it relates to product
- Analyzing product usage and tracking product metrics, working to understand the high-level impact of individual features and changes to evaluate the effectiveness of product work
- 3+ years of product management experience in a systems or infrastructure team
- 2+ years of experience in a Software Development role
- Ability to take large features from concept to delivery and well versed in all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Technical background and can discuss implementations and tradeoffs with Engineering. You have a solid understanding of how your past work is implemented, well below the UX layer.
- Excellent communicator, internally championing and educating the team on product efforts, comfortable in front of clients explaining the product and understanding their workflows and pain points
- Experience working with industry tools including analytics systems, CRMs, spreadsheets, and documents
It's a bonus if
- You have experience working with email and the various underlying technologies that power it
- You have experience guiding a team through periods of growth and scale