Who we seek:
Great work needs great people. We are a team of highly skilled and award-winning creators, designers, engineers, industry experts, musicians, lucid dreamers, film directors, and aspiring carpenters all interested in exploring the possibilities of what we can build together.
Our close-knit team has an insatiable hunger to solve lots of problems in a variety of areas. We are constantly working on new products to solve gaps that we see in the market and are always looking for others with the same passion. We usually build software products, but we also are building consumer goods and hardware as well. We’re not afraid to try something new and we encourage it on all of our projects.
In addition to our own products, we also work with global brands to help build net-new digital products using the same methodology we use for ourselves. We’ve built class-leading products with major brands across sports, automotive, healthcare, fitness, insurance, media, and games.
Our headquarters are in Irvine, CA but we also have a vibrant center of operations in Toronto, ON. We also have team members scattered throughout the world working with us remotely, so location is never a limiting factor when it comes to talent.
- Create robust, well-tested code to implement impactful software features
- Provide technical leadership by defining technical solution architecture, ensuring code is written to standards, and has sufficient test coverage
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers, from both us and our clients’ teams to deliver large software products
- Define, promote, and enforce engineering best practices on your project team, to clients, and across our team
- Help improve our engineering capabilities by mentoring engineers through project work or other initiatives
- Contribute to success of Engineering Guild and us through other activities and initiatives; for example, training, recruiting, and business development
- Demonstrated expertise in native Android software development
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java
- Strong coding skills with a proven ability to write clean, effective, well-tested code and a knowledge of design patterns and system architecture
- Experience analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems
- Demonstrated technical initiative with experience leading project teams and mentoring engineers
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across disciplines and work closely with clients, even in a remote setting
- Experience building software for custom hardware devices running Android
- Working knowledge of MVVM or MVP architecture in Android
- Knowledge of Android Studio performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with RxJava or Kotlin Coroutines
- Passion for building products that positively impact users
- Enthusiasm for Agile methodologies, Pair Programming, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working directly with clients
- Curious and inquisitive nature to uncover details and drive towards effective solutions
- Jetpack compose experience