We are high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, and seeing a Frontend Developer to help build web based user interfaces for a wide variety of internal systems and applications.
As a Web Frontend Developer, you will be responsible for building and standardizing user interfaces across multiple projects and teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in designing, developing and maintaining our web based projects
- Designing Web front ends which are robust, scalable and performant.
- Working closely with business stakeholders for requirements gathering and translating those to technical tasks
- Being responsible for the look and feel of a wide range of internal systems and tools
- Driving creativity and pushing new ideas to improve overall user experience
- Learning about and keeping up with the latest frontend technologies
- Shaping the future of the Core Engineering team through regular interviewing, and occasional campus recruiting trips
- Strong knowledge of CSS and experience building responsive web designs. Knowledge of Semantic UI is a plus
- A passion for HCI (Human Computer Interaction) principles and UI/UX design
- Experience with building and/or interfacing with web services, especially for facilitating interaction among multiple systems
- Knowledge of standard software development practices like Version Control, Code Reviews, Automated Testing and Deployment, etc.
Additionally, we are seeking someone who is:
- Self-starting and can work autonomously in a larger team
- Committed to following best practices
- Keenly interested in developing technologies
- Enthusiastic about testing
- Able to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities as priorities change
- Organized and detail-oriented