Leading the processes of creating and managing the Project Management Office (PMO) function within projects against agreed base case and provide support to the Corporate PMO. As the Director of the PMO, you will lead the process of creating and managing the Project Management Office (PMO) function within Canada and the US
Who You Are
- Develop and implement PMO processes and procedures relevant for the planning and execution of the project
- Develop Project management and integration plans
- Manage all PMO functions on the project: Planning, Cost Management, Risk Management, Scope, Interface & Change Management, Document Management etc.
- Provide support to Project Director/ EPCI Director, Steerco ensuring all relevant information required for project planning and execution are well maintained and provided to ensure efficient and effective decision making
- Support the project organization in developing and maintaining time schedules across all phases, tendering, development, execution and close out
- Establish project key milestone dates as part of base case and ensure all key stakeholders are informed. Ensure key milestone dates are efficiently tracked and early warnings set up to warn against deviation.
- Establish project DEVEX/CAPEX/Resource/Risk profile as part of base case. Ensure these are efficiently tracked and early warnings set up to warn against deviation
- Oversee the implementation of standardization of scope, interface and change management procedures and processes
- Oversee cost management implementation into the project
- Oversee document management implementation on the project and manage communication protocol and dissemination of documents across project team and with external/third party organisations
- Responsible for ensuring PMO specific employer requirements are included in all tender material
- Facilitate suppliers' planning and progress reporting integration into the tender documents and contract documents
- Provide detailed analysis including scenario analysis, milestone tracking, critical path and float analysis as required in the project
- Review suppliers' time schedules and ensure that they comply with the overall construction time schedule and project established base case
- Report progress, performance and forecast on a regular basis or as established with the project’s project management plan
- Ensure that the installation sequence is defined, optimized, and aligned
- Facilitate that appropriate weather downtime are estimated
- Ensure project’s ROI (Return on Investment) is protected and 1st power milestone is monitored and controlled
- Responsible for monthly report preparation and communication to Project Leadership Team
Qualifications And Experience
- Methodical and organised: you naturally work in a methodical way and relish the opportunity to add structure and order to your work. This will help with the competing priorities you will be managing
- Collaborative: You build relationships easily and enjoy working as a team to get things done, and that you can manage the PMO team on the project
- Diligent: Your solid attention to detail will ensure that Project Management Office (PMO) is run efficiently, and you follow up with others where needed to ensure outstanding information or actions are completed
- Independent: You are an independent thinker and naturally set your own timescales and milestones to ensure you meet your objectives. You know when you need to ask for help and are comfortable doing so
- Pragmatic: You are hands on and love getting involved in the detail
- Great Communication skills: You can communicate at a high level in English both with internal and external stakeholders and that the Project Leadership Team can rely on you to provide correct status of the project on demand.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or other relevant degree in an Engineering or Business-related area
- Experience, knowledge, and competence equivalent to PMI PMP
- 10+ years of relevant industry work experience and/or similar position (Oil & Gas or Renewable energy industries – Offshore wind preferable)
- Possess good leadership skills (Integrity, communication, building relationships, persuasiveness, influence, adaptable, teamwork)
- Proficiency in the use of some or all the following PMO tools, Planning – Primavera P6, Microsoft projects, Risk - SWORD Active Risk Manager, Safran, @risk, Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis, Document Management - SharePoint, Aconex: Reporting: Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, Excel, Word etc.