Our client is a Crypto FinTech startup with a mission to bring safe Crypto Banking to anyone and everyone. They believe deeply that safe banking is a basic human right. It underpins strong communities, which enables strong economies which leads to a better world.
They are a small but rapidly growing team staffed by passionate people. They have a rich variety of experience covering technology, crypto, banking, payments, security and regulation. It makes them different and positions them to take on the challenges facing global banking and payments today.
They are building the next generation of banking services to bridge the gap between traditional banking and decentralized finance that will support the farmer in Canada to the field worker in Cambodia - driving the ‘banking of the unbanked’.
As a member of their team you will:
● Work with cutting edge infrastructure tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, and Linkerd and ensure their systems are always up and running.
● Accelerate development across the company with faster, safer, and more frequent deploys
● Meaningfully improve developer happiness and productivity across the company with better development tools and workflows
● Contribute directly to the bottom line with cost savings initiatives and optimizations
● Catch errors and performance issues early with automated monitoring and alerting
● Maintain and improve security across our infrastructure including firewall rules, access control, audit logging, and disaster recovery.
● Amazon Web Services (AWS)
● Kubernetes (Elastic Kubernetes Service)
● Home Brew Deployment Orchestrator (Python)
● Infrastructure as Code in Terraform and Helm
● Cockroach DB for storage
● Github for version control and CI/CD
● Python, Bash, and Docker for local development workflows and CI/CD jobs
● Tens of containerized microservices running our application code, written in Java + SpringBoot
● You have 4+ years experience in a devops or infrastructure role. Software
engineering experience overall would be a plus.
● Experience working as an SRE would be a positive, a desire to operate in that space will be critical.
● You have experience and comfort with POSIX-based operating systems
● You must have strong experience with operating a Kubernetes cluster in production
● You have experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Helm and Terraform or their substitutes
● You understand how networked services in the cloud work: VPC, IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP, etc.
● You abhor repetitive manual processes and are excited to automate them away
● You have a sixth sense for spotting waste (in money, time, CPU cycles) and eliminating it
● You learn quickly, regardless of the languages and technologies used
● You are a strong communicator