This role represents a unique opportunity to make your mark on our platform and the trillion-dollar P&C insurance industry.
You are a passionate and seasoned full stack engineer who can play a central role in the development of our award-winning platform. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in engineering, data science, and product management, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in psychology, and in what motivates individual differences in human behavior. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
We have developed the most powerful risk computer ever built for P&C insurers. We provide loss predictions more accurately, faster, and earlier in time than previously possible, to a quickly growing group of home, auto, and small-business carriers. Our platform generates custom, turnkey predictions for actuarial loss, litigation propensity, SIU referral, early cancellation, and premium leakage, at top of funnel and prior to renewal. The savings unlocked for each carrier reach 8-9 figures per year, thanks to our platform's leveraging of trillions of data points, behavioral economics, and the first deep learning applied to these areas.
Our Proof of Value requires only a couple hours of client work and returns back verifiable lift and ROI
calculations within the first week, as well as a suite of explainable data visualizations. We work with insurers' business owners and actuarial teams to quantify these unpriceable risks at the beginning of the customer journey.
We were founded by an internationally recognized expert in behavioral economics, our CEO was
previously the CEO of Transamerica’s Insurance businesses, and we’ve attracted exceptionally strong tech and industry business talent across the areas of engineering, data science, sales, client services, finance, and marketing. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package.
• Develop our client facing web-based data analysis and activation platform.
• Work closely with Product & Data Science teams to integrate data visualizations (JS charting libraries & custom JS), create & optimize user experience, and to enable users to drive insights and actions.
• Deploy, maintain, and monitor cloud-based servers and infrastructure in AWS (microservices deployed as containers in docker/kubernetes).
• Automate everything.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
• Enthusiasm for working in a small, quickly growing, fast-paced startup
• 3+ years experience developing consumer-facing web applications with rapid iterative release cycle
• Demonstrated skills and experience with a modern web framework (react, angular, vue) and understanding
of web security best practices
• Front-end development and integration experience with HTML/CSS
• Experience with designing and exposing backend APIs
• Development experience against both SQL and NoSQL data stores
• BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience building and developing cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
• Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment
• Experience supporting and automating large-scale data processing jobs (panda, spark, airflow)
• Experience interfacing with Data Science Teams to incorporate data cleaning & ML algorithm processing
• Prior development experience in Python or Spark is a plus.