Senior Backend Data Engineer
You are a passionate backend data engineer who can design highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to consume, integrate, and analyze large volumes of data from different sources to support the quickly developing needs of our business. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in engineering, data science, and product management, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in psychology, and in what motivates individual differences in human behavior. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
We have developed the most powerful risk computer ever built for P&C insurers. We provide
loss predictions more accurately, faster, and earlier in time than previously possible, to a quickly growing group of home, auto, and small-business carriers. Our platform generates custom, turnkey predictions for actuarial loss, litigation propensity, SIU referral, early cancellation, and premium leakage, at top of funnel and prior to renewal. The savings unlocked for each carrier reach 8-9 figures per year, thanks to our platform's leveraging of trillions of data points, behavioral economics, and the first deep learning applied to these areas.
Our Proof of Value requires only a couple hours of client work and returns back verifiable lift and ROI
calculations within the first week, as well as a suite of explainable data visualizations. We work with insurers' business owners and actuarial teams to quantify these unpriceable risks at the beginning of the customer journey. Please visit www.pinpoint.ai to learn more about how we are providing the largest and fastest time to value in the P&C ecosystem
We’ve raised $14M to date and have already passed our first couple million in Annual Recurring Revenue this year, with rapid acceleration of this growth projected next year.
We were founded by an internationally recognized expert in behavioral economics, our CEO was
previously the CEO of Transamerica’s Insurance businesses, and we’ve attracted exceptionally strong tech and industry business talent across the areas of engineering, data science, sales, client services, finance, and marketing. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package.
• Provide guidance on system architecture, code structure and quality, technical debt, and testing.
• Work closely with, and in support of, the Data Science team. Demonstrate strong implementation
aptitude to translate requirements into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the company and our
clients, while meeting deadlines.
• Build tools to allow internal and external teams to visualize and extract insights from big-data platforms.
• Automate everything.
• Experience with big-data or machine learning technologies, preferably Spark.
• Strong Python (pandas). Experience with Scala is helpful.
• Strong SQL development and working with NoSQL.
• Comfortable developing and debugging in Linux/Unix environment.
• BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years experience in software development, with 1-2+ years experience in a data-engineering role for
• Enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced engineering team and company
• Familiarity with building/deploying services and data pipelines in AWS.
• Familiarity working with containers (docker, kubernetes).
• Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, and metadata
• Working knowledge of machine learning and statistics.
• Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role, or a desire to grow into one with a pattern of
achievement and growth.