Our client is looking for a Test Engineer with expertise on Cypress (TypeScript) with 4+ years of experience to help deliver quality software through automated testing and manual when it’s required. Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with senior software engineers, product managers and UI/UX designers helping automate testing strategies. Working together, they will be responsible for delivering development projects from start to completion.
Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other engineers, product managers and UI/UX designers. They will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
The products they're building are all brand new so they have a modern tech stack implementing lots of best practices. Their apps are React Micro Front-Ends (MFE) with a multitude of backend services in Node.js all deployed through GitOps. They're fans of infrastructure-as-code, automating toil and spending time refactoring if needed.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
• Working in a talented cross-functional team to launch new user-facing features
• Defining test strategies for new features to ensure a high level of quality
• Writing end-to-end tests for our code and services using Cypress with TypeScript
• Compliment test automation with manual testing whenever appropriate
• Coaching software engineers, helping them improve their testing skills
• Participating in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints
• Understanding, applying and optimizing appropriate test mechanisms (functional, regression, smoke) and tools to improve the verification efficiency through automation
Your Skillset What makes you a great fit for the team:
• You are user focused – they solve customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution
• You have 4+ years of industrial experience in software testing preferably with Cypress
• You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve the quality of the testing process
• You are familiar with JIRA, GitHub, and GitHub Actions
• Good knowledge of API testing tools like (Soap, Postman, JMeter)
• A deep understanding of the challenges facing automated software testing
• Exposure to agile / scrum methodologies
• You understand accessibility standards and laws and how they can impact testing.
• You’re excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment.
It's a bonus if:
• You have a vision of how you think automated testing can be improved and want to implement it
• You have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of QA and test engineers
• You’re familiar with CI/CD pipelines
• You have experience working with lambdatest