Headquartered in California, US and other engineering offices in UK and India, our client is expanding to build an engineering hub in Canada. Come and join our team in Canada and help us establish the engineering team culture and build the future of employee experience.
We are looking for a Senior FullStack Engineer with expertise on Front-End with React(typescript) and Back-End with Node.js (TypeScript), with 7+ years of experience to help us build the foundation of and deliver a new product line. We’ll be leaning on your experience in building scalable back-end microservices and building amazing user experience on the front-end. The products we build have a direct impact on our user's happiness, success and satisfaction at work. Successful candidates will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other senior engineers, product managers and our UI/UX designers. They will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
The products we're building are all brand new so we have a modern tech stack implementing lots of best practices. Our apps are React Micro Front-Ends (MFE) with a multitude of backend services in Node.js all deployed through GitOps. We're fans of infrastructure-as-code, automating toil and spending time refactoring if we need to.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
• Work in a talented cross-functional team to develop scalable microservices in Node with TypeScript and develop new user-facing features using React TypeScript on the frontend
• Build and maintain applications running on AWS
• Write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code and services. Quality is incredibly important to us and everybody is responsible for it.
• Contribute to our shared UI library used by many engineering teams across the whole company.
• Build and maintain applications running on AWS and work with our existing AWS platform team to deploy infrastructure using Kubernetes
• Help influence the overall architecture and direction of the codebase as well as the wider product.
• Help establish best practices, guidelines, and processes to allow the team focus on what they do best - building the application
• Mentor and guide other team members to help them grow in their career
What makes you a great fit for the team:
• You think about scalability, system performance, and great user experience
• You are user focused – we solve our customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution
• 7+ years of overall experience
• 5+ years of experience with Node.js, ideally with TypeScript
• 4+ years of experience with React, you should have a solid understanding of how and why it uses a virtual DOM
• You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve productivity, code quality and user experience
• Experience using modern modular CSS strategies e.g styled components, emotion, etc (we use CSS Modules) and why globally scoped styles are bad.
• Affinity for profiling and analyzing code to identify areas for improvement. You should have a high level understanding of how both React and browser internals work to ensure our frontend stays performant and doesn't leak memory
• Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing (with Jest), and automated end-to-end testing using a framework like Cypress
• Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns
• Excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment
• Able to occasionally travel to our other offices in UK, New Delhi, and San Francisco
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
• You have proven excellence in writing readable and efficient TypeScript code
• You have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
• You have experience working with micro-frontends in production
• You are familiar with feature flag tools such as Harness
• You have worked with frameworks / libraries such as fastify, Prisma
• You have worked with frameworks / libraries such as css-modules, Next.js