We are seeking a senior software developer to join our team of highly skilled, highly motivated technology
consultants. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and modernizing enterprise
systems on the cloud.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of enterprise technologies and architectural
patterns including cloud-native/hybrid, multi-tiered applications, service/microservice oriented
architectures and event driven systems. Additionally, candidates should have a strong grasp of broader IT
topics including security, high availability environments, IT controls and governance, and development
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
● The ability to work well with others
● Positive, customer-centric demeanour
● Ability to effectively work and communicate with a diverse audience - information technology,
business, and management;
● Excellent critical thinking skills and creativity;
● Willingness to travel within GTA for client engagement as necessary and perform tasks across a
wide range of industries;
● 3+ years of experience with Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Junit, Hibernate, Docker, RESTful
services and Containers
● Experience with Front End frameworks (Angular (preferred) and/or React) plus cross-browser
development, testing and debugging
● Experience with MySQL
● Experience in front end testing frameworks (Jasmine/Karma/Jest )
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field
● 4+ years of work-related experience
● Experience with Cloud Native Development with one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure,
● Experience with Liquibase is nice to have.
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, like JSON web tokens
● IaC tools such Terraform skills are a plus
● Knowledge of CSS preprocessors like SASS and LESS, and CSS libraries like Bootstrap
● Ability to leverage existing RESTful services and APIs
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Node, NPM, Webpack, etc.
● Demonstrate an understanding of version control such as Git
● Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines, DevOps and tools
● Together with the wider project team, assist in preparing technical designs based on functional
● Design and implement application features; fix defects as they are reported.
● Participates in architecture, design and code reviews.
● Develops and maintains operational and system level documentation.
● Maintains the DevOps process to continually improve the team’s SDLC
● Profile and improve the performance and scalability of services
● Design and build responsive, reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
● Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
● Write unit and end-to-end tests for new and existing functionality
● Design metrics and dashboards to empower data-driven decisions
● Influence the direction of our platform with your own ideas
● Monitor and conduct application and platform health checks