Director of Finance
Our client is a fast-growing e-commerce company with a global presence, specializing in the sale of
permanent makeup tools and education across 40+ countries. As a leader in their industry, they
have established legal entities and tax filing obligations in Canada, USA, and the UK. They are
seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Finance to join our team and play a crucial
role in managing our financial operations.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects the our e-commerce company, with a particular focus on managing the legal entities and tax obligations in Canada, USA, and the UK. This is a key leadership role that requires a deep understanding of finance, taxation, compliance and forecasting within the e-commerce industry.
1. Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute financial strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Drive financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Analyze financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and provide financial insights for decision-making.
2. Financial Reporting and Compliance:
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, reports, and forecasts.
- Manage internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with international accounting standards.
- Stay updated on accounting regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements in Canada, USA, and the UK.
- Oversee tax planning and ensure timely and accurate tax filings across multiple jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with external tax advisors and auditors as required.
3. Financial Operations and Controls:
- Establish and maintain robust financial controls, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor cash flow, working capital, and manage foreign exchange risks.
- Implement and optimize financial systems and tools to support efficient operations.
- Lead the finance team, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a high-performance culture.
- Conduct regular financial analysis, identifying areas for cost optimization and revenue growth.
4. Stakeholder Management:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Operations, and
- CX, to ensure financial alignment and support business objectives.
- Present financial reports and insights to executive leadership.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for financial inquiries from external partners, tax authorities, and regulatory bodies.
- Foster strong relationships with financial institutions, auditors, and tax advisors.
5. HR and Payroll administration:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Manage the payroll and tax remittance process for all of our employees, contractors and content partners.
- Manage the creation and dissemination of all employee records and tax documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A Master's degree and/or professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) is highly preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in financial management, preferably in the e-commerce industry or multinational companies with complex tax structures.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, GAAP) and tax regulations in Canada, USA, and the UK.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce operations, including cross-border transactions, foreign exchange risks, and international tax implications.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis.
- Proficiency in managing the inventory function of a physical products company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and compliance.